The impact a poor agent can have on your asset / investment is considerable.
Sharing our experience as both landlords and in managing significant property portfolios across the UK, ten Property Agents understand the importance of managing your rental portfolio properly, reducing risk and cost where possible.
As qualified members of ARLA (association residential letting agents) we ensure all our landlords receive:
- control of required expenditure
- management of risks to occupancy and void periods
- remain compliant to current regulations
- provide updates on changes to landlord taxation and legislation
- work closely with tenants to ensure the best overall return on investment
We offer far more than simply finding suitable tenants and collecting rents. Our services extend to providing property investment advice, updates on tax planning and the effects of new legislations such as Section 24 and the impact on your finances.
ten work with landlords differently, providing advice and expertise on how to maximise the return on investment, not just a collect and pay service.
fully managed service
Our managed service includes the following key benefits at no further cost:
- rent guarantee - remove the worry over “if” your next rent payment will arrive, as our management package includes full rent guarantee and legal cover to all landlords (subject to terms and conditions)
- 24 -7 emergency assistance – providing landlords and tenant’s peace of mind
- annual property review (APR) - highlighting risks of future cost considerations, imminent tax changes and your current / future property value and yield return
- landlord advice - demonstrate what strategies can help improve your rent returns and minimise your tax liability
- online landlord access - via pc, mobile or tablet, showing live updates, tenancy details and landlord statements
- regulated by The Property Ombudsman - we strictly abide by their Codes of Practice, meaning you are in safe hands at all times
- client money protection approved – offering landlords and tenants greater protection
- extensive marketing - professional photography, floor plans and advanced social media marketing to maximise appeal and rental value
- control of regulatory requirements - including Landlord Gas Safety checks
- professional independent inventory management - to protect your assets properly
- accompanied viewings & assured tenancy screening - by a local business owner to ensure the right tenant
- detailed check in / out - in line with agreed inventory
- deposit protection scheme (DPS) - lodge all deposits free of charge for peace of mind to landlords and tenants
- trusted tradesmen – carefully selected local tradesmen offering value and quality workmanship
- council & utility management – for outbound and inbound tenants
- regular visits – to help protect the property condition and longevity of your tenancy
flexible let only/ tenant finder
If you wish to manage the ongoing tenancy, legal and compliance obligations yourself and simply need our assistance in marketing the property to find a suitable tenant, we are always keen to support you.
Rather than offer a “one fits all” approach, simply talk to us regarding what you need and we will work with you to create a plan that fits.
We appreciate tenants may have experienced poor service from both letting agents and landlords in the past. Our commitment to tenants is to ensure your safety is paramount and provide the utmost duty of care at all times, allowing you to enjoy your home.
ten Property Agents work with landlords who understand the importance of looking after their properties and their tenants. From the moment you apply for one of our properties; to the moment you vacate, we will work effortlessly to make you feel a valued tenant.
regulations to consider
choosing your agent
As a landlord, one of the most important decisions you must make, is choosing the right company to manage your property asset.
There are many factors that should be taken into consideration including:
- regulated by a recognised redress scheme such as The Property Ombudsmen
- protected by suitable Professional Indemnity Insurance
- provide a separate dedicated clients' money account
- protect client money with an approved Client Money Protection insurance
- member of an approved Deposit Protection Scheme
- qualified expertise in managing property (ARLA or equivalent)
- local knowledge of strong and weak investment property opportunities
- taxation and non-resident landlords
- issuing of legal “how to rent publication”
- right to rent checks and controls
- tenancy deposit protection scheme
ten Property Agents offer all of the above.
Your property must comply with current legislation, which if neglected, becomes both time consuming and stressful for landlords and tenants, not to mention remains the legal duty of a landlord.
We will ensure that you and your property comply with all current legislative requirements including:
- energy act 2011 - the energy performance of buildings
- gas appliance safety - annual checks and servicing of heating / boilers
- electrical equipment safety and PAT testing
- furniture and furnishings fire safety
- legionella bacteria in water systems screening